Thursday, November 29, 2012

The First Week Down!

The National Day of Feasting, a.k.a. Thanksgiving, has come and gone in a tornado of temptatious gluttony. Turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, pumpkin pie and whipped cream rained upon us in all their greasy, carbohydrateous, sugary fury! (Sounds terrible doesn't it ;)) On Sunday we got to see who fell prey to its demise, and who withstood the storm.

Team Dreyer
-Weighed in at 342.8 pounds, which puts them in the lead at 3% total weight loss.
When it comes to competition and losing weight, these two mean business. When I asked Nicole what she and Eric have done to accomplish this weight loss she said "I have been eating a lot less sugar and bread and eating more veggies instead. Portion control, Yoga 5 days a week, and cardio 30-45 minutes 5-6 days a week. Eric has a strict diet with NO soda, gym four days a week with weight training and cardio."

Team Jones
-Weighed in at 347.6 pounds, 2% total weight loss.
Don't place your bets too high yet because these two are close behind the dreyers. How did they do it? Says Kara, "I made sure to eat a high protein, no carb breakfast within 30 minutes of waking everyday. Protein and veggies for lunch with no carbs. I ate whatever I wanted for dinner. Only water to drink. I worked out only once this week. Thanksgiving was the only exception to all this."

Team Bruce
-Weighed in at 379.8 pounds, 1% total weight loss.
Team Bruce may be a bit behind but the end is still a long way away. I am proud to say I lost seven pounds the first week. How? NO SNACKING. No cheeze-its, bowls of ice cream, cookies, candy, brownies, etc., etc., etc...... I have been doing short distance walking with a 12 lb baby strapped to my chest and have been eating lots of fresh spinach and healthier portions. When I get the overwhelming urge to munch without being hungry, I try to drink a glass of water or snack on vegetables that I had pre-cut for the occurrences.

Team McVey
-Weighed in at 297 pounds, 1% total weight increase.
Though this team has taken a step backward, Kelsi is determined to pull the team up. "I'm going to the gym everyday no matter how tired I am. It is hard and I am limiting my snacking." Mom says she may be walking the dog more.

Now that the first week has passed, I am sure the competition is a little more real for us all. It has felt good to all of us who have stepped on the scale and seen a difference! Will the Dreyers be in the lead next week, or will someone else have passed them up? Stayed tuned to find out!

2 comments:

  1. I cheated way more this week than i did last week =/ i hope i didnt gain those 2 pounds back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did too. I did more walking though.

    ReplyDelete